zondag 9 januari 2011

Something Has Survived

A bang. A single bang. And an entire era filled with terror, wilderness and most of all pure awesomeness, was swiped off the face of the earth. So they said.

Let me introduce myself!

I am Vincent, but you can are going to call me Jura.



I'm an amateur/hobby DJ/Producer on the brink of stepping into the big boy world of Dj-ing.
I've been mixing for several years now and every year I feel a little step closer to my ultimate goal: Making a living out of my favourite hobby.

This hobby of mine started when I got my first iPod and my first songs. I knew right from the beginning, I didn't like the mainstream music (except for that eminem song with bin laden in it, everyone liked that!). I started to explore and I stopped at a track from a guy called Laidback Luke, who has been my role model ever since. The track was called "Housetrap" and felt unique to me. Although being a little kid, I knew I was going to listen to this kind of music the rest of my life.

Other artist followed. The likes of Axwell, Angello, Dahlbäck, Booka Shade ect. were filling my iPod. When I got older, I got into the progressive side of house, listening to artist like james zabiela and Christian Smith. It wasn't long before Daft Punk came into my life and showed me the "qualité" French House has to offer. Then Deadmau5 came along, and his album "random album title" gave the final push to my eternal Progressive Nature. I started to develop some more specific taste in House music. I started listening to labels like Renaissance (RIP), Anjuna, Tronic ect. And before I knew it, I started mixing. First with simple programs like Virtual, then Traktor. And I finally borrowed some gear and started to mix for real.

I used the allias, Vinelli (don't ask me why and how) and through my friends and their friends, I started to get a little recognition. Enough recognition to convince myself, I wanted nothing more to play huge crowds and getting the privilege of having my passion for a job (I'm still in school though, as a backup plan I guess).

I knew nobody was going to take me seriously with a silly artist name like Vinelli. So I took something from my youth: My insane obsession with dinosaurs. After some thinking, I came to the conclusion I should inspire my Alias from the movie I watched over a 100 times when I was kid: Jurassic park. So the name Jura was born.

I hope you find this mildly entertaining story enough to follow my rise as Jura. If you actually do, I welcome you to my journey. To quote Mr. Hammond: "I welcome you to Jurassic Park!"

1 opmerking:

Een reactie posten