maandag 4 april 2011

Monday Has Survived | The Rex: Opinion Is King


Axwell - Heart Is King by axwellofficial

If your listen to big room, or almost any form of electronic music, you won't deny that every Axwell single is something big. It doesn't matter if you like it or not, it's always dominating the charts.

Let me start by saying that I am a huge Axwell fan. His track "Feel The Vibe" made me fall in love with the big room sound. The fact that he takes years to fully master every single of his, is reason enough to be careful while judging his new productions.

When I first heard it on a video, dubbed "heart 2010/heart attack" at the time, I was very excited. When I heard the teaser, I was still incredibly excited. But it occured to me that there where a lot of negative comments. Not just by the occasional Tiƫsto/Guetta fanboy lunatics, but also from people who enjoy mr. Hedford his music as much as I do.

Some of them claimed he ripped off "Elements of Life" and there were a lot of comments implying he tried to copy Daft Punk. But the comment that got to me the most was "axwell, you can do better". I was dazzled at first but after hearing the whole track, I can relate to the negative comments.

I believe a lot of people who visited this trailer are into axwell his music and not into the whole EDM scene. This is different. Nowhere near the standard productions you hear today. To me this track is revolutionizing. I've never heard this kind of rythem in a dance track, very refreshing. Some people can't appreciate that and in their blind lust for an everyday joe's progressive track, they reply negative to this video.

But hey, if we wouldn't be able to express our opinions, music wouldn't even exist.

I bought the track, and throughly enjoyed it (still do while typing this), and you can do too:

For a revolution in your music library CLICK HERE

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten