zondag 16 december 2012

Survived Events 2012: Colors @ Trouw, Amsterdam

This Friday, I had what I could only guess is a life changing experience  I visited my first ever Deep House event, together with my girlfriend, in Amsterdam. I wasn't any ordinary evening  as the very duo that showed me the way to the deep kicked of my career as an deep house clubber as well (it's almost filmic ;) ). Dusky, the one and only Dusky from my favorite artist album ever made, Stick By This, initiated my new life philosophy by unleashing their forthcoming track "Dummy" as their opener on the public.



They must have played 90% of their essential mix material, which made the set incredibly easy for me to follow and enjoy. I had great moments at "Muriel", "Calling Me" and I was thrilled to hear their "Don't Go" rework live! But the highlight of the evening has to be when the first tone of Trevino's rework of Marshall's his "Mushrooms", I could almost cry. As I recognized the first half of the track from Dusky's essential mix, I already knew the awesome build and sample. But it was until that very night that I heard the brilliant second half...I smiled like a 8 year old kid at a Christmas night...



And the public...well, that was a eye opener for me as well. I have of course visited many "bigroom house" events over the years, as well as some trance ones and one festival.  But none of those nights had anything common with what I have experienced the other night. For instance, nobody was filming or fucking around with their smart phones, but instead were dancing their brains out! The way club culture is supposed to be, came to life in Trouw, Amsterdam. If every deep house evening is only half as good as this, I'm subscribed for life..

On top of all this, I actually met the boys from Dusky in person! I planned to get my album signed by them from the moment I saw they were playing in Amsterdam, so with my "Stick By This" album and a marker in hand, I approached Nick Harriman. I gave him the following question:

"I missed the signed CD's @ Anjunadeep HQ, could I please please please hae one know?? :)"(yes a horrible spelling mistake in my excitement)

Both Nick and Alfie must have had the same big grin putting their autographs on the CD cover, as I had when they gave it back to me! The result below:



As said earlier, it was my debut in the world of deep house. Automatically, it was one to never forget!




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten