maandag 31 december 2012

The Rex (Week 01) | Feels Like Yesterday

I think it would be more than suitable to name the first Rex of the year, a track made by one of my guides through my resurrection: Jody Wisternoff. Last year, his Way Out West podcast gave me a lot to think about. Where I was sceptical at the news surrounding deep 05 at first, the news that Jaytech was going to be replaced by Jody, those episodes made me see the light. Jody Wisternoff knows picking out great music as no other, let alone creating it himself. One of those examples is "Feels Like Yesterday". Supposebly made for his debut album, it didn't make the cut and ended up as a very generous free gift!

This free gift has a really classic feel to it, classic as it resembles Jody Wisternoff''s earlier work as well as Aanjunadeep's progressive phase. You can hear Jody's touch in the little details going on around the track fused with periodic outburst of sounds and flows. Wisternoff's former "classic" track have that uplifting, organic feel to it. A sound I've been missing ever since I first heard his "Lassoo". I suppose you can say It's a track that I've been waiting for for quite some time now, which is quite funny.

It's funny because of the timing. As I'm typing this, I'm listening to the above track. I realize now that this is the sound I wanted Jody to have on his album, because it resembles his sound on Anjunadeep 02 with "Lassoo". As that particular sound was not there, I disregarded the album at first. But I came to see the light and I started enjoying it's "non lassoo" sound more and more. Now, in 2013, I've fully accepted the deep house flow in Wisternoff his tracks, and I understand their strenghts. And finally I get what I was aiming for, after all that. The world is strange sometimes.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten