vrijdag 23 maart 2012

A Mau5 In Miami

Today, I remembered why I thought, and now think, that Joel Zimmerman is the most colourful producer around. He is known for avoiding the cliché and doing everything his way. It's basically the same reason I like Luke; Both Joel and Lucas tend to do things the way they like and not what we like, thus creating a whole new chapter in EDM instead of just writing under the headlines created by other pioneers.

This week is the week of WMC in Miami. Almost every producer known to man, is contributing his part with a DJ Performance and promotional stuff. One of the biggest events is the ULTRA music festival. Headlining should be ofcourse nobody but deadmau5. This year, the man publicly let us know to not to attend it anymore. Describing the event as an hectic circus, with no respect for each other's sets, Joel refused to take part. Instread, Mau5trap labelboss came up with something quite unique: Mau5hax.

Mau5hax is a new concept in association with beatport, where Joel chose 5 amateur producers to work with him and many of Mau5trap's great label heroes (Steve Duda, Feed Me and Moguai for example). It's is being broadcast on a channel as I'm typing this and I'm enjoying it greatly! It shows again that Joel is a incredibly reasonable person with a lot of eye for the music instead of the bullshit around it.

Joel is very important in this current EDM-climate. He not only colors it with his unique personality and view on things, but he also keeps the fun in music. Never change Joel!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten