zondag 14 augustus 2011
Thursday Has Survived: deadmau5 - Creep
Deadmau5 has to be one of the most frequently discussed artist of this generation. Most of the mau5-loving people started noticing Joel Zimmerman's his unique feel for musical brilliance when "Random Album Title" came out.
His melodic productions, no, masterpieces were both loved but also hated by many. Some people, like myself, were simply struck with ingeniousness never heard before. Some other people clearly weren't. The discussion was already worldwide then, in 2006. When his next album came out, many people were disappointed. But again, an other side really loved it and new fans came lurking out of their shadows. Same goes for his album 4x4=12. Deadmau5 only grew bigger, his fanbase became one of the most versatile ones in the business. Some clinched on to his "Random Album Period" and others to his newer stuff.
But many forget that Joel had an even older, somewhat less succesfull period in his career. He made a lot of EP's and albums that never saw the big charts. On of of those EP's, the tracktitle said "Creep". When I was browsing to his older stuff, I somehow got really intrigued by that title. I was absolutely struck with confusion when I heard it. Just watch this video.
And yes, this is 100% deadmau5.

Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten