zaterdag 5 januari 2013

Evolutionary (Week 01) | Driving Me Wild

It's been a while since I've done this, but I think it's about time to pick this up again. A track like "Driving Me Wild" isn't something I'm going to come across again very soon, so a it deserves nothing less than this Evolutionary mention.



That Anjunadeep is moving to Deep House is no secret. The shift has been gradually happening this year, launched by Dusky's EP, and confirmed by the change of arms in the anjunadeep compilation series: Jody Wisternoff will be replacing Jaytech for 05. I was sceptic at first, as I loved 01 till 04 to bits! But after checking out Jody's Way Out There mixtapes, I must simply say that the chanced of deep 05 becoming the best in the series is big.

Anyway, the official rebirth of "Anjunadeep" into, well, AnjunaDEEP is initiated by this mind boggling three piece EP from newcomer Kahwe. The EP in it's entirety is incredible, but it's title track "Driving Me Wild" is clearly the golden track of the bunch. Instantly liked it actually. I looked it up when it appeared on the Anjunadeep Release Schedule, and what I found what an stunning chemistry between audio and video. Beautiful ladies with beautiful beats...Is there anything more to life?

But besides beautiful ladies in lingerie dancing around on Kahwe's beats, what makes this new deep release so darn special? It's a combination of many things. Many good things! For instance, the deep bassline is the best bassline I've heard in my green experience as a Deep House enhusiast. Yes, better than Roth and better than Dusky, two bonified legends. It makes the whole track so tasty. Add to that the clever symbiotic melody and smart classy vocal loops, and there you have it: a true deep house diamond. And I know that the word perfect or diamond is used more than it should be, but this track is so incredibly right in every sense of the word. Beautiful, beautiful stuff that makes me glad I'm spending my time and effort for deep house.

This gem is getting released alongside two other great tracks called "Anything" and "Yew". I can only hope one of those three tracks makes it on Deep 05, because the whole package is nothing less than absolutely amazing.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten