Updating trance classics is not new, but most definetly a popular thing to do at the moment. Many artist fail miserably. A good example would be the current string of "updated" classics on Anjunabeats at the moment. From Norin & Rad to Maor Levi, each and everyone of them do a horrible job. And there are more examples. Can a revamp, a revival of the old never be good? It most definitely can.
Staying true to Quarted T.O.'s original, Lange accomplished to create a stunning rework that completely keeps the fire of seventeen years ago alive. When reworked like this, I can't say do anything other than appreciate the outcome. Certain tracks need to stay alive throughout the years, so people can find their way to the original that brought so many ripples into the water of the trance scene.
Lange is a Trance artist that I know not so much about as I should have. But it seems that I need to pay more attention to him, as most of his tracks are pretty much in my style of trance. Last year, his "Coming Home" track was being played regularly via my speakers. With this rework, it will be no different.

Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten