There are a lot of things that define Christmas. Every individual got his own personal arsenal of X-Mas-nostalgia. Everyone got their own personal memories to movies, music, food ect. Christmas might be a unifying holiday, it could at the same time be one of the most individual ones! Anyways, if I had to summarize my X-Mas into a jpg file, it would look somesthing like this:
Music, of course, is essential to a memorable Christmas in my opinion. It was during the same weeks as I'm writing this, that I discovered Balance 005 mixed James Holden. It shuffled my entire approach to electronic music and is still one of the most memorable CD's I've ever listened to. Another track you can barely see, is one that I happened to have discovered just last year. I can't remember for sure, but I suddenly found myself listening to Anjunadeep 02 and this track made it happen for me! "Cold Energy" by 16 Bit Lolitas is one of my, if not my, favorite winter anthem till date, making Anjunadeep 02 the ultimate winter-anthem CD!
Apart from all of the EDM influences, I also have a big place in my heart for those cheesy classic christmas anthems! Wham and Chris Rea nailed the X-Mas Spirit just right with their radio classics. Still gets me in the right mood every time!
Coca Cola...Who could have thought a soda company could have had so much influence on a global event. Coca Cola have nailed it back in the days with their giant iconic truck. Best piece of marketing/promoting seen on the planet. Do you think of Pepsi in these winter days? Nor am I! Same goes for M&M's. So simple, yet so cunning. The specially produced "Christmas" colors were an instant hit.
Movies always tend to awaken one's Christmas spirit. My trigger has to be, without a doubt, the trilogy Lord Of The Rings. Every Christmas, the local networks showed them on the telly. Unfortunately, the have finally stopped airing it now. So It's my duty to finally purchase the DVD box myself!
Ow, yes. Halo: Combat Evolved. It's by far my favorite all time game for me. I played it non stop during Christmas, year in year out. This year won't be different. I'm trying to decide whether to buy the new "Anniversary" version or stay old school. Another recent winter game I'm taking a liking to, is Bethesda's game of the year, Skyrim. I'm not going to discuss why this game has to be in my Christmas-collage. You better just watch:
Furthermore, the Dutch snowy landscape always sends shivers through my spine, as well as the falling snow. It's usually the simple things that have the biggest impact of them all...
Jura

Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten