vrijdag 23 december 2011

Winter Has Survived 2011: The List

Although the Christmas spirit, music and unified feeling are all stellar things that come with every Winter, there is one thing that conquers them all: Christmas presents.

In America, it is custom that children make a list every year with the things they want the most. Here in the Netherlands, we aren't as involved unfortunately. Although we seem to do everything as our fellow Americans, a Christmas list is something that you won't find here. We tend to guess more, instead of the ask and demand ways

To break this poor tradition of ours, I present to you my EDM-inspired Christmas list!



Halo: Combat Evolved (Anniversary): The first time I've ever played this, I was nearly stuck inside the entire Christmas holiday. It made such a huge impact on me, that I still find myself playing the original during these winter times. Now, Bungie has come with a special remastered version of the game that I quite obviously must acquire as soon as possible!

Ableton Live 7: It's about time I start producing on my own, and what better way to start with Ableton, a electronic producer's walhalla. It would be the the first step to fulfill my dreams!

KRK rokit rp 10-3: I love music. I love bass. So I also love the rokit rp 10-3. This is the current number one speaker for EDM all around the world. My old dull logitech ones are starting to distort too!

Anjunadeep 02: My favorite compilation CD for this cold winter weather. Just recently, I've bought Anjunadeep 01, but it couldn't even get close to the jelly fished second edition. A must have for me.

Walking With Dinosaurs (All Episodes): This, this tremendous piece of CGI and story telling is one of the few things that dominated my childhood. Being a dinosaur freak since I could talk, it is only logical that this one is on my list, for old times sake.

Lord Of The Rings: The Complete Trilogy: Unbelievable...The local network stations broke the beloved tradition of airing LOTR on tv during Christmas. I will never forgive them! Since I can't watch this brilliant trilogy on the tv anymore, it just has to be on my X-Mas list!

Mac Book: Last but not least, I'm typing this on my annoying windows laptop, which need to go. It crashed several times now, and I've already lost tons of music. Besides, the key to quality productions is a quality workplace.

Goodluck Marielle xx : )

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten