zaterdag 19 mei 2012

Evolutionary | Heavenly












 With the "Feast Of The Ascension" just a few days behind us, I thought it would be appropriate to keep that religious spirit while picking this week's "Evolutonairy" track. This week's pick can be only one track. It's by Above & Beyond and it's heavenly...

Their album "Group Therapy" was an eye opener for me personally. Trance can be very delightful, it's just has to be less intense and more subtle. This description would fit Above & Beyond's album pretty well. Although I didn't purchase it, let alone review it, I felt pretty good about it. It's just that I'm not as familiar with this legendary trio as I should be, so instead of jumping into false and ignorant conclusions, I let them guide me step by step with their label and single releases. These releases have been really fun to "collect" since it could go any way with the remixes. Now, with many remix packages left behind us, it's almost time for one of my favorites of the album to get a proper release.

"On My Way To Heaven" is quite a clever track. It sounds like a love story at first, but it turns out to be a homeage to the world's biggest legend to date: Jesus Christ. Lines like "But since you put these thorns around my head, you know I'm a king" and "I'm a king of everything and nothing" make it clear that this inspiration for many is being sung about.

That there will be a single release for this one is certain, since A&B have been playing a club mix of it lately. Although I'm more a fan of the original, the remixes and this club mix sound equally interesting. Really looking forward to this one.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten