zaterdag 12 mei 2012

Evolutionairy: Corsten's Earth Escaper

I already knew that "Take Me" was one of WKND's finest tracks, but I never really knew why. Yesterday I suddenly hit me. This track contains the "State Of Trance" that's been used to often, but understand by so few. The tempo/base of the track and it's melodic elements are almost symbiotic. Neither the lead or the bassline guides the track, it's an collaboration by both. Such synergy can result into a deep venture in the mind towards your deepest desires. It happened to me this week, on this track.

I found myself climbing a ladder, which appeared to be the entrance point of a giant vessel. Suddenly chased by hundreds or thousands of people, I quickly rushed towards the top of that ladder, into the vessel. The vessel appeared to be some kind of spacecraft that was ready for launch. As the bassline progressed, the engines roared and started to fire up. The huge crowd of people chasing me grew and grew, and the desire to escape increased simultaneously. As the vessel started ascending, the crowd started shrinking. I was airborne. Monitors on the dashboard showed my news segments of myself, being hunted down for something I couldn't remember. I knew I had dodged the bullet by climbing the ladder I suddenly found myself on earlier. The vessel reached top speed and earth was getting smaller and smaller. As the bassline started to climax, I found myself entering the atmosphere. I was nearing my freedom.

The bassline vanished, there was silence and emptiness now. The soft melodic elements of the track made me realise of the sudden darkness around me. The vessel has shut down after the penetrating of Earth's anorganic shield. I started floating, as gravity was no more, through halls filled with systems and machines. The open empty space started to show as the bassline began pounding like once before. With my heartrate rapid, I found the switch that would the vessel work again. It all felt so surreal but I felt I needed to pull down that handle for the consequences would be terrifying. The bassline grew faster and heavier as did my heart rate. I touched the soft handle of the switch. I pulled it down.

 The sheer power of the machines in the vessel started all at once, so loud and sudden that I could feel it in my entire being. The vessel rushed with immense force and speed towards the unknown, as I found myself gazing towards and shrinking earth. I started to feel better somehow, as the melody and base of the track grew together into one being. The ecstasy of rushed through my body as earth was nothing but a mere glimpse of what It once was when I first looked at it from the ladder. The monitors suddenly started blinking and malfunctioning, as I saw the last image of the the masses gazing towards the sky, where I now pushed the final button towards complete separation from the world that wanted me dead.

As the last beat vanished, I suddenly opened my eyes and saw I was still in the same bus where I was in when I started up this track.

I discovered and witnessed something truly Evolutionary;

Corsten's Earth Escaper.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten