Yesterday while listening to my beloved TATW, I discovered that there was something wrong with my right ear. When Soundprank's new track "Midas" came, I started to experience really annoying pain shocks throughout my shoulder, neck and ear.
When I turned my music off, I still felt these strange pressured feeling deep in my head. I stopped listening to music for the rest of the day, but the feeling worsened up to a point that I almost fainted.
I was terrified that it could be ear damage, so I decided to go to see my doctor right away. After some examination, it turned out to be just a minor irritation. The doc sent me home with some ear drops and they actually worked a bit. I hope this feeling goes away in it's entirety though, because I'm afraid to listen to anything anywhere, because of the fear that the slightest of bass will bring back that dizziness.
It just shows how careful one should be with active music listening. Really not sure what I would do if my hearing would suddenly be inadequate for listening EDM. This world I came to learn and love has become an essential part of my life, and I cannot imagine the emptiness I would cause when not available. Considering earplugs and safer headphones because all of this. Maybe it's for the best to spend a little bit more for listening that to spend less and lose the availability to listen in the future.
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten