zaterdag 28 april 2012

The Sky


I discovered a new phenonemon that has been going on lately, that caught my complete attention. Dubbed as "Skyroars" or "Sky-Trumpets", these eery noises that seem to come from above are turning up more and more around the world. Often described as hums, moans or even melodies, it has a big part of the conspiracy theorist in it's grip.

There are many many videos that report this and there is even an official weblog called http://strangesoundsinthesky.com/:

"Welcome to Strange Sounds in the Sky. Every other day, somewhere in the world, someone records disturbing unexplained noises coming from the sky. My interest in this phenomenon started when I accidentally came across this Youtube video (video). With some research on the subject, I discovered very quickly that many other people around the world had also recorded strange sky sounds recently and that some were similar and some were not. I’m fascinated and disturbed by these strange sky noises happening in our world today. The purpose of this blog is to serve as a journal for the events in order to identify patterns and commonalities. These sound events have increased recently. Some are obviously hoaxes and I promise to try and weed those out. I will never present the videos as fact and will critique them based on the YT description and what is presented in the video. I may speculate as to the cause but in the end I will let you decide. I will add posts every day as long as I can find them. If you find videos or have thoughts on this, please let me know or you can post here. Cheers!Jay Man"

Here's the most popular and biggest collection of recordings, varying from 2009-2011.



It has got a lot of people speculating and with something as large as this, the autentisity is ofcourse heavily debated. I have yet to dig deeper into this subject, but as I'm easily fascinated by the unknown and unexplained, these "Skyroars" are worth keeping an eye on. Maybe there's more than meets the ear. After reading about this, I immediately thought about a new upcoming Anjunabeats single by artist of 2011, Mat Zo. The new track is the weirdest trance production I've encountered to date and I didn't really know what to think of it. After reading and hearing all about these "Skyroars", Mat's new track bares a lot of musical resemblance. The title fittingly being "The Sky", the lead got the be inspired by these trumpets of the sky in the video above. Not being a conspiracy theorist or anything, but I wouldn't be surprised if Mathan was actually inspired by this urban legend when making this track. This supposed link made the track a hell of a lot more interesting for me.



I do hope that these recorded videos and this single aren't the last thing we're going to hear from the trumpets of the sky. Many mysterious tales and interesting unexplained stories have died out after a while. This however feels different. I might be a simple geogolical event, a jet surpassing the sound barrier or even the testing of a new international sonar system...This mystery is simply too good to be left unexplained.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten