maandag 30 april 2012

The Rex | Boundless Energy



For years, I've been looking for a piece of my Progressive puzzle. Ever since deadmau5 decided to leave the genre for what it was, after his life changing "Random Album Title" album, I've been waiting for someone to bring that fantastic vibe into progressive back to me. After three fantastic EP's and one equally great remix, I've seem to have found that missing piece in Soundprank.

Where his music left me unmoved at first, I finally seemed to have opened my ears properly. It's a fact that I've become quite familiar with Soundprank by now. At TATW 400, Jaytech played an ID halfway through that turned out to be from the Prankster. Later dubbed as "Boundless Energy", it immediately conquered my heart.

When it was announced to be featured on Anjunadeep 02, I couldn't be happier! I mainly boughta the compilation for that track alone, and the full quality version didn't disappoint me in anyway, on the contrary, it was even better.

With the weather remaining has damp as ever, a good burst of energy is always welcome. The track's waves of melody and perfectly timed gimmicks, give more than 10 cups of coffee. The track title is spot on, and the track itself is one of those special ones that actually does something with your mind and body. Something you would like to hang on to for many years to come!

Also included in this release were two other very appealing tracks called "Change Of State" and "Midas". They played a pretty big part in my symptom-esque crisis a few weeks back. Not sure if that story is over, but this whole EP is inevitably linked to it from now on. Couldn't think for a better fitting EP to help me through this like this one!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten