Anjunabeats is getting a lot of hammering from their lifelong fans lately. The poor label is cornered by her fans and being kicked every time a new track surfaces on her youtube. The reason why is quite simple really: Anjunabeats is slowly stepping away from their hardcore trance label. And there's nothing that pisses trance fans more than that very act.
Vintage Anjuna
Generation X Anjuna:
Why this change you ask? To bluntly put it: progressive house is simply what trance was a couple of years ago in my opionion. It's popularity has become enormous, and it's genre even more. Labels got to follow the trends besides their characteristic sound to keep themselves alive. Personally, I absolutely love the recent beats releases like the one above. It combines that likeable progressive house sound but adds some "Anjuna" class to it. The recent releases have been excellent but get a lot of heat because it isn't 100 % trance like "Fall From In Love".
Well know Anjunabeats has put a smile on a lot of anjunafaces again, by releasing Boom Jinx - "Phoenix From The Flames". It has been ages since a true trance track like this one saw the light on Beats, but now it has finally arrived. BUT...
There was also a "generation X" remix for the track, which was my absolute favorite. Omnia & The Blizzard really nailed it. I didn't know them until this track, but I'm glad I did! Strangely enough, other people think differently: 1000 views for the remix, 48000 for the club mix...
This release proves two points:
1. That the Anjunabeats community is still clinging on to their vintage sound.
2. That I stepped into the world of Anjunabeats at the excact right time. I love everything of it! I used to hate trance, but the version of what used to be the "T word", is more than perfect for my musical delight!
Anjunabeats is setting sail to a new direction, and I will definitively be on the boat!
"Every Saturday I will post a track that will have a (r)evolutionary impact, when it hits the charts"
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten