A track that is currently floating around, is "Get Naked" by Fatboy Slim and Riva Starr. The track feels like a classic, although it's new. Listen for yourself:
I heard this blasting through the stereo on the way back from a small England trip, and I just couldn't lay me finger on it, but I knew it was sampled.
And sure enough, have a few sleepless nights, I remembered the track.
Although this track was brought into the world, way before I was could even listen to music, I heard so many remakes and radio plays of it when I grew up and discovered the EDM world.
This deep-house track is the embodiment of House and if I should appoint a clueless mind to what House really is, I will use this one.
It's strange to see that House has always been following the lines that tracks like "House Of God" has layed out, but that it has changed so radically this year. Tracks feel more like songs than tunes, and cheesy hiphop-influenced vocals accompanied with weak melodies have never been so popular as now. It really frightens me to be honest. No surprise that I see myself turning to trance more and more every day. We'll see what 2012 has to offer. For now it seems that it's best to keep the past close.
Every Thursday I'll post a classic track to bring that nostalgia to surface.

Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten