dinsdag 1 november 2011

Sunday Has Survived l Natural Selection: Top 10 October

The cold autumn is really starting to show itself now, and in Europe the next-level forecasters have predicted a "Horror-Winter". Although I love the frosty vibe that is now promised, it could be more than winter-people are bargaining for...

It's been a while since my last top 10 entry, but it was worth it. October was a pretty difficult month to pick tunes from as you can see from the list. Never before have I heard so many different genre classics in the making as that month! "Crystal Fighters, Niki & The Dove, The Whip"... You can say that this month was one for the bands!

That may be true, but that does not mean a band is the winner of October. That title most definitely goes to Solarity. Not only have they made an absolute stellar remix for two Anjuna veterans, but they have also promptly proven the other side of their coin.

Furthermore, "Be Your Sound", THE track of the DJ Mag Top 100 night, is here!



But only one track could be at the top:

01. Dusky - Stick By This (Album Version) - Anjunadeep



Like I said, October was an old fashioned Anjuna month again. The label keeps delivering such fine music, this time in the person of Dusky! Dusky is a new alias of the already known duo Solarity. They have released a new album with a skyrocketing highlight, Stick By This.

As you can see, I already predicted this to be the track of the month. I believe that any track that can make your spine-nerves shiver, deserves a moment in the spotlight. I don't think that this track will internationally explode, but every era needs it's hidden treasure.

02. Boomjinx & Soundprank - Pieces Of The Puzzle (Solarity Remix) - Anjunadeep
03. The Whip - Secret Weapon (Alex Metric Remix) - Southern Fried
04. Crystal Fighters - Champion Sound - Different
05. Exoplanet - Delta III (Original Mix) - Proton
06. Cosmic Gate - Be Your Sound (Extended Mix) - Black Hole
07. Niki & The Dove - The Drummer - Mercury
08. BT & Adam K - Tomahawk (Original Mix) - Armind
09. Orjan Nilsen - Viking (Original Mix) - Armada
10. Nitrous Oxide - iPeople (Original Mix) - Anjunabeats

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten