maandag 12 september 2011

Monday Has Survived (The Rex): David vs. Goliath


When Swedish House Mafia announced their remix for Coldplay, unofficial bootlegs and mashups started to arise everywhere. All of them sound pretty obvious and messy, unlike the official Swedish House Mafia rework. Now let me start by saying that it is most definitely not a bad remix. It's pretty solid, but I just don't feel it.

(Inspiring words by Armin at the end)


The original Coldplay track is far better than the SHM version. So I was a little disappointed. I expected more from these producing giants I guess...Maybe it's just too hard to do a good remix for such an amazing original song, I thought to myself.

Nothing is farther from the truth:

Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (Jerry Rekonius Bootleg) by JerryRekonius

This bootleg from a rather unknown guy called Jerry Rekonius absolutely smashes the SHM rework! It proves that the big producers don't always beat the little ones! Jerry kept the acoustic core of the track and builds a powerful house track around it.

I've already used it in my last mix, that you can listen to here!

Every monday, I'll post a track that will inspire, move and get you through the week!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten