woensdag 26 oktober 2011

ADE 2011: DJ Mag Top 100: The Aftermath


So after visiting the DJ Mag Top 100, I knew the list. I predicted 15 DJ's earlier. Let see how I did!

The official top 15 goes as follows:

01.David Guetta
02.Armin van Buuren
03.Tiesto
04.Deadmau5
05.Above & Beyond
06.Avicii
07.Afrojack
08.Dash Berlin
09.Markus Schulz
10.Swedish House Mafia
11.Paul van Dyk
12.Axwell
13.Gareth Emery
14.Fedde le Grand
15.ATB

My Top 15:

01. Armin van Buuren
02. deadmau5
03. David Guetta
04. Tiësto
05. Above & Beyond
06. Ferry Corsten
07. Markus Schulz
08. Axwell
09. Sander Van Doorn
10. Avicii
11. Skrillex
12. Afrojack
13. Steve Angello
14. Sebastian Ingrosso
15. Laidback Luke

As you can see, I did pretty horrible. I didn't thought House would take so much trance-ground already! Of course Avicii, Afrojack and the Swedish House Mafia forced their way into the list, bouncing out most of the earlier consistent trance producers. And of course, Guetta beat Armin in a duel between House and Trance. I blame the EDM blowup in america. With guys like Avicii and Afrojack finally getting house to the american mainstream, an huge turnup in the votes would probably be from Americans. Trance dj's converting to house (Tiesto, Sander Van Doorn) were a prelude to the fall of trance. I think next year, trance is going to suffer an even harder blow as SHM, Tiësto ect. will push their house beats to the main public even more.

But time could only know.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten