donderdag 12 januari 2012

The Fossil: My Own Personal Renaissance

Since I still had some credit from the iTunescards given to me for Christmas, I decided to spend them for some good old fashioned nostalgia. James Zabiela was the first thing on my mind.

The Renaissance series have always intrigued me, even if I was too young to understand the compilations at it's fullest. Many times have I returned to hear the sweet nectar of James Zabiela unbelievable feeling for making a tracklist and mixing in the melodies from all the deepest corners of the electronic world. I choose for "Renaissance: The Masters Series".

This compilation is called "" Renaissance: The Masters Series", because James Zabiela portraits the cycle of life with his music and track selection. He also uses various intervals in which he, with the help of famous and great quotes, tries to explain the wonders of life.

Although his compilation blossoms as an compilation and puzzle, individually many pieces can sometimes offer the same greatness.

Nosja Thing's "Us" still makes me stare aimlessly through any given window. R3volve (I can never remind his name) on the other hand, fills the room with energy when putting on his "Bootpacker Alpha".

But the best and most memorable track of the compilation is without a doubt Kaito's "We Are Living Here". Kaito's masterpiece, if you will, embodies the entire album on his own. This track was of great influence in my musical evolution and was the highlight of that particular winter of 2009. They don't make tracks like this anymore, so I have to keep digging in the past with the help of compilations like this to find them.

I thing the moral of the story is that the past will always win over the future in musical terms, and that the point of music in general consist of pulling the past to the present, thus creating your own personal muscial revival. Your own personal Renaissance.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten