maandag 16 januari 2012

The Rex | Median (Keyworth Remix)

It's a rare thing these days, to find a track that fascinates 10 minutes long. From start till finish, this piece of music does everything right. There are very few tracks these days that take time and effort to form itself into something creative and stunning from point zero. Last year's "classics" like "Heart Is King", "Stick By This" and "Marsch" are massive examples that state the contrary. But that was in the past, now in 2012, Median is what it's all about!

The first second, literary, intrigues me right away. The track really drops into your ears, and from that very first sound you're surely hooked. The first time I heard the incredibly pleasant flow on TATW 400, I was already picturing it into my top 10. But than the sax came in...wow. I was really blown away by the way Breakfast/Keyworth used it in this remix. I already heard the original track on Anjunabeats 9, but this remix is eating the original for...breakfast.

When I thought things couldn't get any better, I heard the breakdown...The heartwarming, almost mythical, piano amazes me like Dusky's Cello break still amazes me on every listen. Then, like Breakfast didn't already make enough of an effort, an incredible 4th instrument shows itself in the form of an thriving electrical guitar.

When the track drops, there's no denying anymore that this is indeed a great track..No, more than a track, this is a 10 minute journey in the mind accompanied by thrilling instruments, FX Effects, Loops and basslines that all come together in an epic conclusion which will be burned in your memory.



The Rex of the week by far.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten