This track called "Antidote", is one with a story.
A few months back, the Swedes took over the famous Pete Tong show. As far as I know, they were the fist ones to do that. On that show, they previewed many ID's, but one stood out by far. The track they previewed was a collab with an australian new Electro-duo from Pendulum called Knife Party.
The track they previewed was one of the hardest instrumentals I actually liked listening to. Well excited, I kept following the Swedes anxiously for more information. Then the terror began. The official preview from the Swedish channel revealed itself...being completely different and "updated". Looking back now, I can hardly understand why, but I was well furious when I listened to it.
The took a perfectly great instrumental, and turned it in something soft and radio-friendly. I immediately discarded this whole track.
A few months later, the vocal version came out. I was scrolling through iTunes for reasons unknown, untill I found it. So what? Well, on the recommendation section, I saw something that gave me a mini-heart attack:
A Knife Party Dub? Could it be? With revived expectations I looked forward to the whole release and after a month, on this very day, my wishes were furfilled! The Knife Party Dub, in it's full glory, revealed itself as version 1.0!
But did the boys from Sweden did nothing right? I wouldn't say so. When comparing both versions, you can clearly hear the technical difficulty level from Knife Party being overwhelmed by the Mafia. When combined, you've got the hardest dancefloor track of 2012.
So, this track has evolved into a final version that completes this January for me. I present to you my own edit from two competing versions of the highlight of January:

Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten