Although it still supposed to be mid winter, and I should be packed in against the horrid snow and cold (they predicted a deadly winter for Europe), I'm enjoying the gentle rays of a summerish-sun. The weather has been nice for a while now, and the music I selected for the Winter doesn't really seems to fit.
Out of nowhere, it's announced that the might Mat Zo, my favorite artist of 2011, will be releasing a stunning amount of 4 tracks in one go in a couple of weeks.
The EP is called to the headlining track, "Bipolar", revealed earlier on Anjunabeats 9. The other tracks go by the name of "Ring On It", "It's Yours" and "YoYo Ma". This last track caught me completely off guard...
As I said earlier, the comparison between Mat Zo and the mighty Daft Punk is made pretty quickly musically, but it has never been so strong as with "YoYo Ma". The vocal loops, the bassline, the melody..and that particular original element that defies the whole track. Daft Punk should hurry up before Mat takes their place!
The Chinese YoYo Ma is one of the world's famous Cello players, and ever since this track I've been catching up as much as I can to his wonderful works. Mat Zo is known for being quite diverse and he proves that with this EP and especially "YoYo Ma". The cello used and inspired by the actual Chinese cello player is heavenly. Akthough I think Dusky's "Stick By This" will always prevail, Mat Zo surely came close with this fantastic piece. It almost has something from an other age and time. It never ceases to impress me.
Mat Zo once again proves why he was my number one of 2011. If this is just a peek of what's to come, I'm afraid Zo will capture the one spot once again!

Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten