maandag 2 januari 2012

The Rex | Anima

We start 2012 with the track that left the last impression on me in 2011. Tim Mason's "Anima" was released out of the blue on the last day of this busy year. From the status "Release Date Unknown", it went straight up to place 7 in my top 100 list.

The first time I heard that melancholic synth hover over this iconic breakdown in a Essential Mix on BBC Radio, I knew this was going to be a memorable track. That it was released so sudden pleasantly surprised me, and it could be a sign there's more to come from Mason not far from now!

When that time comes, I can only hope desperately that he continues drawing the line he started in 2011. His music can be considered as a statement to the current House scene about how it should be. The current radiochart scene that delivers present day "House" music, has nothing to do with my beloved genre anymore. The cheesy piano, the deafening amount of sloppy baselines and boring setup are impossible to ignore anymore. It's because of this, that I'm so thrilled to have Tim Mason amongst them. He can be considered a new hatchling from a dying breed, who still wishes to present himself as a mature figure with a producers mind of his own.

I salute you Tim Mason! That you may have a bright career ahead of you, and save House music from it's ever nearing death one day.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten